Friday, April 25, 2008

Post on the road...

Here's our first post from the road...but I'm cheating and driving. We are driving up to our starting point in Capitol, MT. Some long days are our on our horizon!



READY OR NOT HERE WE COME!



With well over 3000 miles in prep miles for this thing it still feels like I am diving into the deep end with this thing! In about 18 hours we will be on the road and the rest will be history. The weather right now is about 33 degrees and WINDY! Could be a COLD and WET next couple of days but it looks like by Monday or so we should be getting a better round of weather.



OLD FRIENDS



Before leaving Rapid City I went out to the Black Hills Children's Home got to see all of my old friends and kids. It felt great to see everyone there and I am still proud to say I got to be part of what they have going on out there! I know there are a few teachers and kids out there following our journey so to them a big thanks. Enjoy the journal postings and DONT FORGET...EMAIL US ON THE ROAD at nolantaylor@pocketmail.com. I miss those guys a ton and think of them often, it was great seeing everyone. Also, I know a couple of the kids will be watching this journal and are wanting a shout-out so hello to them and I'll be thinking of you guys on the road!



MR TECKY!



Ah man...I can already tell trying to cross the state with MR. TECKY is going to be rediculous! Brendan has been pulling out a camera of some sort every 10 minutes wanting to get video, pics, or video and pics. Good thing I'm not in charge of the technology portion of the trip because I would be tying a note to a pigeons foot and sending them off.. instead we have a laptop for updating our web page, an HD video camera, 2 digital cameras, and more cables for recharging and uploading all of that info then NASA carries on their shuttle missions!



ONE THE ROAD!



We just turned on to Highway 20 for the first time right now and I tell you what, you plan and dream, and think about it for so long, its a wild thing to actually be on the road and look at the shoulder and imagine yourself out there.



KEEP YOUR EYES HERE!



Watch the web page for updates and videos and pictures from our adventure...TRUST ME...were not carrying all this equipment for nothing!



See on the road,



Nolan