Thursday, April 24, 2008

Rapid City Mayor names 25 April - Chemo Is Harder Day!!


Hello everyone!

Today was unbelievable...in many ways. It was my last day of work for 3 weeks, I finalized packing, the National Guard hooked me up with a loaner laptop so I can upload info from the days' journey to our website, I met with Rapid City Mayor, Alan Hanks, who is not only very cool, but his family was also affected deeply by cancer, Nolan drove into town (haven't seen him for months-great to have my buddy back),

...and the COOLEST THING TODAY...occurred when Mayor Hanks proclaimed Friday, April 25th as "CHEMO IS HARDER DAY" in Rapid City!!! Can you believe that?? WOW- We are both speechless and grateful!

And yes, I will be framing my Executive Proclamation signed by the Mayor- You can bet on that!

Nolan and I caught up some while we drove around town getting a few more things for the trip. We both got a new toy and will make the miles we endure more bearable.

My sister-in-law, Jill Trautman and her two boys, Tyler & Dawson came over to check things out and get the new "Hot off the press" Chemo Is Harder bandanas--- Just so you all know, Jill rides horse and is going to be joining us with her horse while we run. AWESOME!!! Tyler is going to ride his bike with us too. It's a family event I tell you---

Keep posted- It is late, can't sleep tonight either...but am heading to bed soon. It is almost midnight and therefore it is almost "CHEMO IS HARDER DAY!!!" Can't get any better than that.

Brendan~
"Be a part of the Dream"