Monday, April 14, 2008

Spending the night with a goat...

This weekend our Titanium Goat tents arrived. What a piece of gear! I thought there was no way possible I was going to fit into this lightweight, packable tent based upon how small you can crush it and how light it was. Boy was I pleasantly surprised.


Let me explain for a second. I'm far from a pro but have spent my fair share of time in tents. I have slept in everything from CHEAP Walmart tents, to Kelty's, to Mountain Hardwear, to homemade tents, to improvised poncho shelters, to tarps, to bivy bags. I have slept in all of these from sea level to 20,000 feet and everything in between. I have abused my tents in everything from blizzards, hurricane force winds, to 90 degree stagnant summer nights, to Pennsylvania mosquito infestations that make you go CRAZY!

So when I pulled out my Titanium Goat Vertex 5 I knew right from the start that this thing was going to be different!


It went up fast, easy, and was amazingly tight (no flapping walls). The inside is SO spacious that you start to wonder what "creature comforts" you could have brought to help take up the space. Myself and the BOB will fit in this thing just fine! From stuff sack to pitched the process took me alone no more than 4 minutes, and that was ready the very short but detailed enough instructions.


Kudos to Titanium Goat for there great support and participation with the Chemo Is Harder cancer research run. 429 miles over 14 days should not only show how tough these tents are but also make us grateful for their weatherproof weight savings.

Thanks Titanium Goat (http://www.titaniumgoat.com/)!

Nolan